We are excited to announce that, following our recent transfer of the external pre-school onsite to the school's management, from September 2022, we will be opening our Nursery Ducklings class. Please find below further information about the provision. Applications should be made via the form on the nursery menu on our website but please do not hesitate to contact the school office for further details or to arrange a visit to see our nursery.
- The provision will be led by a qualified teacher. In addition, there will be three other qualified practitioners in the setting meaning that children will benefit from differentiated, adult-led activities and targeted support during their child-initiated learning. Staffing of the setting will be confirmed in the summer term, along with the staffing for the rest of the school.
- Children will be eligible for a place in Ducklings from the day they turn 3 years old.
- Ducklings will be open from 8.45am to 3.15pm in-line with our school timetable. Although these sessions will amount to more than 30 hours, there will be no charge for the additional hours for those children in receipt of 30 hour funding.
- Children will also be able to attend the Woodlands wraparound care if a separate application is made.
- Children will be able to attend for a morning session or a full day session. Details of these sessions can be found below.
- Children who are eligible for 30 hour funding will be able to have a full day place for five days (8.45am to 3.15pm) but they will need to bring their own packed lunch for full day sessions.
- Children who are not eligible for this funding will be able to attend the setting using the pricing structure set out below. Please note that these prices apply from September 2022 and that we do accept Tax Free Childcare payments and most major childcare vouchers. Please use the application form to detail how you plan to fund your child’s place.
- There will be a total of 52 full time spaces on offer but, as children may opt for morning or afternoon sessions only, the total number of children on roll may be higher than this. Whilst this is our maximum capacity, we reserve the right to limit the number of children in the setting based on the needs of the cohort.
- Children can apply for a place throughout the year but we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. You can submit an application any time in the academic year your child turns 3 to secure your place.
- If you would like to remove or cancel sessions, you will be required to give us four weeks written notice.
|Session||Times||Additional Information||Rates if Privately Funded (per session)|
|Full Day||8.45am to 3.15pm||Government funded if eligible for 30 hours funding or 15 hours government funded and 15 hours privately funded|| £39 per day|
|Morning Session||8.45am-11.45am||Government Funded|| £19.50 per session|
Criteria to be used in the event of oversubscription (based on Hertfordshire County Council’s Oversubscription criteria)
- Children Looked After and previously looked after
- Children with a sibling at the school
- Distance from the school using the HCC website